Monday, January 4, 2010

High School Hockey


I have not seen a High School Hockey game in a long time... I played Hockey for almost 25 years and gave it up when getting up to go to work the next day became difficult.
I had the opportunity to cover a High School game last night. It was my old High School, Clarkstown HS South and our crosstown rival Clarkstown HS North. I felt old seeing the kids in their gear, The Clarkstown North Assistant Coach was the son on my coach when I played varsity hockey for South... But it was good to watch the game from my vantage point, a small hole cut in to the glass right next to the home teams bench. I got to hear the coaches yelling at the players and the players giving encouragement to their teammates.
I showed up early and set up my strobes around the arena, fired off some test shots, and I was ready to go. It was a good game, it went back and forth and they ended regulation tied at 5-5. Halfway through the overtime, Clarkstown South snuck a shot in on the North Goalie, Zack Stockman to take the win. HS Hockey, Fun times...
...I think I still have my HS Jersey in my bag of 30 year old equipment...

No comments:

Post a Comment