Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27, 2011 • Snow and car problems

Today we woke up to another 8 - 12 inches of snow, school delays and moved mid-term exams.
I went out early to clear the driveway and the cars. Went to start my car and 'thump' the belt popped off... again! Not a good feeling when you rely on the car to get you from job to job, sometimes late at night, 60 - 75 miles away from home.

This is a part you are normally not supposed to see!

I now have to limp my car down to the service station, with out having it over heat, and with out power steering, and have a new belt out on. Last time I had to speed up to 50, put it in neutral and coast for a while, put it in drive, speed up to 50, neutral, coast... repeat until I reached the service station! I need my car to be reliable and as of right now it has a rattle that is driving me nuts... I think it's the motor mount that is failing. Great, another thing I have to have replaced. I may be able to do this one myself.

Friday evening I have a basketball game to shoot in Minisink, then I have to re-set my equipment in the same gym, for a cheerleading competition the next day. 9 hours of very loud music and kids being tossed around in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment