Friday, June 3, 2011


This mornings assignment was at Cornwall High School.  Stephen Krasner, a resident of the Town of Newburgh and a candidate for the Town Supervisor in Newburgh, was giving a lecture to students in the Global Studies program.  He spoke about the time he spent with the Peace Corp.  Where as a young man while traveling in the Middle East,  certain events led him to want to do 'something' for the greater good. He earned a BA from University of Hartford, and later a Masters in Non-Profit Management.
His 'something' was to join the Peace Corps and work in a foreign country for two years, bringing new and sustainable agricultural techniques to an impoverished area in Ecuador.
After settling into the Newburgh area and starting a family, he decided to run for Town Supervisor in 2009 gaining 42% of the vote, he will run again this fall.  Best of Luck Stephen!
     "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do"  Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment