Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lowes roof fire • January 25, 2012

You never know what's going to happen, that's why I almost always have my gear with me.
Bringing my daughter to gymnastics the other day, we were passed by a whole bunch of fire-trucks and police cars. Didn't see where they were going and had to drop her off. Left the gym and noticed more trucks driving down the road by the gym, and decided to follow. Noticed the whole South Orangetown Fire Department and Ambulance were surrounding the local Lowes Home Center. The power to the building was off, there was a burning electrical small, and smoke coming from the roof at the back of the building. The fire department had the fire contained and put out very quickly. Took a few wide angle shots. All the workers were mustered out front waiting to hear from the management as to what to do. As I walked past, I got heckled as they wanted me to take their picture.... what are you 12?
This shot shows the crescent moon and Jupiter in the upper right part of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment